- Bambouseraie (www.bambouseraie.com) :
The Bambouseraie is a unique site given up to that extravagance of which nature only has the secret, and to the exuberance of plants in the most unexpected forms.
- Train à Vapeur des Cévennes (www.trainavapeur.com) :
A treat for childen : take the old steam train to wonder over the Gardon Valley.
- The Botanical garden of bonsaï Shizen-do (http://www.bonsai-arboretum.com/) :
The garden presents an exceptional collection of bonsai, result of twenty years of work and experience, made of native species.
- Musée du Desert (www.museedudesert.com) :
In the heart of a typical hamlet in the Cevennes, through artifacts and authentic documents, the DESERT MUSEUM brings to life the Huguenot past and the history of the Camisards.
- Musée de la Soie (www.museedelasoie-cevennes.com) :
Museum of silk : the history of men and silk threads for more than 4500 years.
- Musée de la Mine (www.mine-temoin.fr) :
Visiting the inside of a coal mine.
- Musée des Vallées Cévenoles (museedesvalleescevenoles)
Telling old style of life in the Cevennes region, tools and history.
- La Grotte de Trabuc (http://www.grotte-de-trabuc.com/)
A little further (around 1 to 2 hours drive)
- Pont du Gard (www.pontdugard.fr) :
The Pont du Gard enjoys labels and UNESCO “Grand Site de France”.
Swimming, hiking, canoeing, mountain biking .
All leisure activities on the site of the Pont du Gard!
- Arenes de Nîmes (www.arenes-nimes.com) :
The Amphitheatre, the Maison Carrée and the Tour Magne … these three great monuments of Nîmes invite you to take a fascinating journey into Roman civilisation.
- Aigues Mortes (www.aigues-mortes.monuments-nationaux.fr) :
Explore the town of Saint Louis and its ramparts, lying in the heart of the Camargue near the beaches and the vineyards. Discover its unique medieval fortifications and splendid vistas over the town, lakes, salt marshes and vines.
- Avignon :
Avignon, for some time capital of Christendom in the Middle Ages, retains the indelible mark of its grandiose destiny : the palais des papes (palace of the popes), the “pont d’Avignon” brigde, and the ramparts constitute an exceptional complex of monuments listed by UNESCO as World Heritage sites. In addition dozens of churches and chapels, all remains of a past rich in history give the city its unique atmosphere.
SPORTS and LEISURE
- Parc d’aventure (www.parcparfumdaventure.com) :
Outdoor activity, in the forest, climbing and moving through the trees safely (starting 3 years old)
- Natur’ânes (www.naturanes.net) :
Children and adults may enjoy un unforgettable ride in Cevennes on a donkey.
- Centre Equestre Anduze (www.centre-equestre-anduze.com) :
The equestrian club at the beginning of the mountains «Cévennes» is founded on 100000m² of land. Possible weekly lessons, during school-holidays, and riding outside for experienced riders.
- Canyoning St Jean du Gard (www.descente-canyon.com) :
Canoeing on swift current on the Gardon river at St Jean du Gard.
- Golf de Ribaute Les Tavernes (asgolfclubalesribaute.over-blog.com)
- Canoë Kayak (http://www.canoeletourbillon.com/)
In the Gardon River, close by or to the sea, a little more than 1 hour driving.